2012年7月26日 星期四

Tsunami and personal misfortune
Tsang Shu-ki (www.sktsang.com)
27/7/2012

Before the financial tsunami, I was invited to a private party with one of the most intelligent central bankers in the world, whose academic papers I studied as a student. He gave a short speech, with the central message of worries about the flood of global liquidity, including derivatives. He had the honesty of admitting that he didn’t fully understand it and asked for our responses.

I wanted to but was seated next to his assistant on the far side of the table. We talked a lot. After the dinner I went down to where I parked my car, only to find that it was broken into, with pieces of glass around.

"So sorry! Only once or twice in a year." I was provided with some comfort by apologetic staff members; then queried for three times over similar questions by different police squads. The ruin was ultimately pulled to maintenance. When I got home, it was the next day.

I am not an intellectual who mixes external developments with personal misfortune. Anyhow, that experience was rather dramatic. Later I took some clues to further protect my humble assets. Friends might understand why I have continued to talk about the downward movements in long wave theory.


沒有留言:

張貼留言